Hideo Kojima Makes Some Pre-TGS Announcements
Kojima Productions will be making a "Character Song and Drama CD" covering the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The drama portion will clock in at about 50 minutes long with the voice actors from the game returning to voice their roles in the drama. In addition, two character songs are currently planned, one each for Snake and Miller, along with bonus music tracks that include background music that did not make it into the main Peace Walker Original Soundtrack.
Metal Gear Voice Actors for Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Hideo announced that he is personally overseeing the Japanese localization of Castlevania Lords of Shadow and that Kojima Productions will be bringing in several voice actors from the ensemble Metal Gear cast to help. While actual voice actor to character relationships have not been revealed, such voice actors as
- Akio Otsuka (Solid Snake)
- Fujiwara Keiji (Drebin)
- Kikuchi (Strangelove)
- Mugihito (Coldman)
- Kikuko Inoue (Chico)
- Hochu Otsuka (Galvez)
- Tomokazu Sugita (Miller)
- Yu Kobayashi (Cecile)
- Houko Kuwashima (Mei Ling)
- Taro Yamaguchi
- Naoki Tatsuta (Sokolov)
- Banjo Ginga (Ocelot)
Tokyo Game Show Plans
Without touching on any announcement of MGS5, a new big-budget game, or the myseterious PS3-exclusive, Hideo Kojima did reveal three items that will be a part of the Kojima Productions Tokyo Game Show 2010 Line-up:
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Summer Camp Tournament Finals
- Metal Gear Cosplay Camp
- Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Special Stage Event (with some of the voice actors)
Hideo Kojima - Thoughts and Q&A
The Hideo Channel Radio Broadcast was followed by a question and answer session which revealed a few interesting details regarding Metal Gear and Hideo Kojima's own thoughts.
- Hideo Kojima keeps saying that each Metal Gear game is his last one because each time he gives so complete of a personal effort that he can't imagine making another one. The desire to make more Metal Gear games always returns to him after enough time.
- The stun rod replaced the knife in MGS: Peace Walker because of advocacy groups worried about the portrayal of knives on a portable system which parents cannot easily observe. Hideo hopes the knife will make a return in future titles, but that people will not use it.
- They were hoping to have the person who did the MGS4 book create an MGS3/Peace Walker book, however, this ended up not happening.
- Hideo pictures the future of gaming as connecting a computer to a network. Thus, gamers will be able to take their games wherever they go. Peace Walker was made for PSP as a way of testing such a mobile state.
- Because of Peace Walker's success, Hideo wants to do something bigger that can be played on consoles but still be played on mobile. He is not certain if such a game would be a sequel to Peace Walker.
Source: Andriasang (1), Andriasang (2), Vido Serapio